Julie F. Morin
The VisionWise Capital team is headed by company founder and CEO Sanford Coggins. Sanford’s unique background as a Commercial Real Estate Broker/Principal, and 25 years as a Wealth Advisor combines a history of real estate underwriting with the experience of a Registered Investment Advisor (“RIA”).
He is one of few professionals who have been able to successfully transition from being an RIA to a Sponsor of RIA-friendly commercial real estate Alternatives through his company, VisionWise Capital, which controls $51M of real estate assets.
Sanford began his professional career as a Commercial Loan Officer underwriting loans for real estate and energy related credits. He has served Investors as a Commercial Real Estate Broker and Principal of over $500 million in commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions.
As Vice President, Wealth Management Advisory at Merrill Lynch for 16 years, Sanford managed over $100M in client assets, and co-developed a three-year $77M pilot project creating financial opportunities for the region’s ethnically diverse communities. Sanford earned ML’s Lifetime Achievement Award for leadership and excellence.
Sanford holds a post-graduate Certificate of Entrepreneurship from the University of Southern California, and received his BA from the University of Texas at Austin, where he played football on a four-year scholarship. Sanford has been a featured speaker for colleges, universities, and industry conferences including courses on Business Financial Strategies at UCLAs Price Anderson School of Business, and Alternative Investments at several IMN, iGlobal, and ADISA Conferences.
Sanford and his wife, Robin, live in Southern California and have three adult children.
Julie F. Morin
Asset Manager / Chief Administrator
Julie is the Integrator of what we call The VisionWise Way. She holds our leadership team accountable to execute our business plan and ensures our investors are always kept informed about upcoming opportunities and recent successes. In her role as Asset Manager, Julie is responsible for tracking the status of each property’s current occupancy and capital expenditure projections vs actual.
- Maintains Day to Day Operations of VWC
- Supervises Property Management activity and CapEx budget
- Oversees the preparation of investor updates and quarterly distributions
Prior to joining VisionWise Capital in 2014 Julie worked for a local real estate investment company and was actively involved in property management & leasing, trade show events, human resources, and investor relations. She earned her Bachelor of Arts in psychology from the University of California, Irvine.
Construction Project Manager
Andrew’s focus on multifamily renovations and assembling a strong group of subspecialty contractors are key to maintaining the “VisionWise” brand of desirable properties.
- Manages all interior and exterior renovations of each acquisition
- Develops project scope of work, CAPEX budgets, obtaining bids, scheduling, overseeing all contractors
- Adheres to strict high-quality control standards and cost containment goals.
Andrew has been a licensed general contractor in California for 22 years. He earned a degree in Construction Technology and completed an apprenticeship in cabinet making that equipped him with the skills, attention to detail, and quality that are instrumental in his work with VWC.
Vance’s background as a Data Analyst is extremely important in our quest to be recognized as the benchmark for commercial real estate Sponsors in the area of efficiency and profitability. We believe knowing the numbers and hitting them minimizes investment risk.
- Manages the underwriting process of our real estate acquisitions.
- Perfect blend of leveraging empirical data of moving markets and soft skill expertise to quickly identify and negotiate acquisitions.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with the broker community
- Utilizes best-in-class proprietary “QC Model” to analyze potential acquisitions
Prior to VWC Vance worked in supply chain management for Golden State Foods and earned a
degree in Economics with a focus in Statistical Analysis from the University of California, San
Trenton’s meticulous attention to detail and healthy appreciation for process ensures VWC has sound data to make strong decisions.
- Conducts economic and market research in each local area wherein VWC is poised to acquire or manage apartment assets.
- Measures against a finite series of key metrics in conjunction with market research to ensure meticulous accuracy in underwriting the investments.
- Responsible for technology solutions for all asset management and construction measurement processes.
Prior to VWC worked at JP Morgan Chase and played professional basketball in Spain and Germany. Trenton was a scholarship athlete to the United States Air Force Academy, completing two years before graduating from California State University, Fullerton, earning his BA in Economics.
Marketing | Creative Director
Luke understands the power of eliciting emotion to bring change to someone’s life, business, and community. Leveraging “story” he helps us articulate how we serve our investor community and the communities of residents that live in our properties.
- Thought Leader in his industry on the topics of brand design and content marketing
- Speaker and frequent contributor to industry publications
- Business Owner that has grown a content creation and production studio to drive reach, awareness, and revenue for his clients
- Niche expertise: creative filmmaker, photographer, and graphic designer
His expertise helps us create beautiful stories through images, video, and language that are artfully positioned to serve our audience.